Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Uncle Betty's Diner Review

  After being showcased on the Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here", Uncle Betty's Diner at Yonge and Eglinton has been getting loads of attention.  I've been here twice already and the experience was very positive both times.  :)

  Namely, I wanted to specifically try their famous Dreesen doughnuts, particularly in their doughnut ice cream sandwich which has been floating all over Instagram.




Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwich 5.5$  First of all, I'd like to point out that these doughnuts are SMALL.  Overall, this dessert fit onto a tiny plate and wasn't very high either, so no need to be scared.  I chose to make my own concoction, so I chose a regular doughnut with Oreo ice cream, cookie pieces, marshmallows, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.  So first of all, the doughnut itself was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  Probably the best I've ever tried!  It was very moist and rich and sweet, but not in a fake commercial doughnut way (such as Tim Horton's).  It had loads of flavour and was absolutely delicious.  Their ice cream, too, was amazing, albeit the fact that I can't really tell a different from this Oreo ice cream from another Oreo ice cream.  

  Regarding service, it was very average.  The waitress checked back every now and then and refilled our water jug (I LOVE it when restaurants have water jugs rather than just have servers manually refill cups).  Considering Uncle Betty's isn't an upscale eatery or anything, it was better than expected. :) 

  Also, I have to point out the atmosphere; it's incredibly cute!  There's a bright orange and pale blue colour scheme which I've personally never seen in another restaurant, thus making Uncle Betty's very recognizable from the street. 

  All in all, Uncle Betty's was an amazing experience and I love the fact that their portions aren't too big!  I'll definitely be back, maybe to try out some of their breakfast goodies! 




Uncle Betty's on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment